Do you ever see a glimpse of someone on facebook and it brings back loads of memories? So you think of past mistakes, dumb attitudes and you hope you'll never actually see that person in real life or thank heavens I don't have to relive that part of life.
For one, let's look at high school memories. I hated high school and couldn't wait to be done and out of Wyoming. I came off to many as a snob! But I was so insecure and lonely that I was glad to move on to a different part of life. Although I had a few good friends that made life worth something and a sister who believed in me. On to life clear across the States for a Wyoming girl and life is full of selfish and exciting new things, concerts, movies, friends, life, busyness. No major mistakes but I certainly burned some bridges along the way and made dumb choices.
20 years later I'd like to think I'm finally comfortable in my own skin. It's a shame it takes a good portion of life to pass you by before you really enjoy life and understand yourself. I still make mistakes and wish I could have made different choices in life but I'm me and I guess those feelings come with being human.
20 years later I've accomplished more than I ever imagined I would have back in those days. Lived in some interesting places, have three amazing kids, a good husband and enjoy my life (most days). Thank God he guides us in the right direction despite the bumpy road. Hopefully I have another lifetime to continue to figure it all out.
2 comments:
I love the Debbie you are today, of course, I loved the Debbie back then, too. You were and are a beautiful person inside and out. And just remember, as difficult as those times were, they helped make you the person you are today. Your insight alone shows just how far you've come! Love you!
Hi Debbie! Hope you don't mind my stalker tendencies--I saw your blog link from Facebook and came over to visit. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I'm sure it's so hard to be far away right now. You're in my prayers.
And I can totally relate to this post! I did so many dumb things back in the day, ha ha!!
Post a Comment