I wouldn't say they've been the easiest ten years. But (finally) I think we know kind of what we are doing and how to deal with each other =).
I don't think I realized 10 years ago just what being married to Brent really meant when it came to his job, though. He had lived in VA for many years going TDY before I met him. It was fun to hear about all the places he had been and what they were like. It never really occurred to me we'd be living overseas being married or he would still need to travel. After we were married several people asked me "how are you going to like living overseas?" which I thought "huh".
Okay so ten years later and 6 years overseas it really makes for an interesting lifestyle. But I suppose I like it. People think we have a hard life but they don't realize we are well taken care of. We have nice housing and don't pay rent or utilities. If something goes wrong around the house we call GSO (general housing office) and they come fix it. (hopefully) We have a built in community wherever we go. International schools are usually excellent. My kids get a view of life they'd probably never get anywhere else.
I.E. I emptied the garbage last night and as soon as I did two people started going through the garbage picking things out. So what did I do? I gathered Hyrum and Keeley and showed them through the window. "Next time you complain about dinner and not liking what we are eating remember you don't have to dig through other peoples garbage to find food."
Anyway this is becoming my longest post ever! Brent is TDY to Bosnia right now and in another month or so he will be gone to Israel. So it has gotten me thinking about this subject in general. He doesn't travel too much but it happens and we've spent quite a bit of time apart. (ie me having 2 kids without him in the states)
So the point being I never imagined this is how my life would turn out it certainly isn't as I envisioned when I was a little girl playing dress up. But thank heavens I made the choice 10 years ago to marry Brent even with our ups and downs and interesting life.
1 comment:
I like this post. You should do more like it! It's fun to hear to hear what you're "thinking". I can't image you without Brent, so I'm glad that you made that choice 10 years ago, too!
Post a Comment