Monday, April 16, 2007

Belgogradchik, Bulgaria





This area of Bulgaria was a small old town with not much there. We stayed overnight but if we knew better we would of made it a long day trip. There was no where to eat, not many markets, and long winding roads up the mountain. The interesting thing about Belgogradchik are the rocks. They are huge and look like different objects, bear, eagle, girl, etc. Some were easy to see some, I think, took some imagination.
There was a cave here also that we went to, Magura Cave. It was a big cave that we walked all over in. I thought I wouldn't like it but it was okay. I wouldn't do it again but it was worth seeing once. The cave had paintings on the wall and was interesting to think that people lived there once. It also had bats in the cave Hyrum and Keeley thought that was pretty neat to see. Thankfully they stayed to themselves.

No comments: