We have done a terrible job of reading each night as our kids get older. We use to do a great job when they were small and we read them books and the book of mormon each night before bed. As they get bigger and learn to read themselves the practice has decreased significantly. Cody and Keeley both said they don't remember when we use to read at night so we started the practice again.
To help us Keeley really wanted to use this gumball "thing" I made years ago for another project. So we filled the gumball machine with gumballs and each night we read we take one off.
We decided before hand what the prize would be, a Chinese dinner night. We love Chinese food so I ordered special bowls, chopsticks, etc and we worked on reading every night to earn our special night. We really didn't read every night but more than we did before the gumball project.
 |
| What does marshmallows have to do with a Chinese dinner? I don't know but we had a fire so that led to roasting marshmallows! |
2 comments:
One of my favorite foods; Chineese. What fun.
What a fun idea! (I think the beard looks good in these pictures, too, where he's not posed)
Post a Comment