Its that time of year in our house that birthdays are rolling around. Hyrum's birthday is next week. I'm already losing sleep.
Why?
Because my oldest is 9, no.
Because the birthday party with lots of 8-9 year boys, No. (well maybe a little)
Because I have to buy presents, No.
Its the birthday cake. It is always the birthday cake that stresses me out -I'm thinking it was a dumb tradition to start. I wish I could be better at cake decorating so it is something I try to do at birthday times however it isn't usually enjoyable for me.
Of course Hyrum picked Pokemon for his theme this year. I hate pokemon, I've tried to talk him into other ideas but he just really wants pokemon. So I figure I'll give it a try -it is the one time a year I let them choose.
Stay tuned next week for the results.
2 comments:
you'll do great! You always do!
I so know what you are talking about! I thought moving back to the States would eliminate my cake making, but NO! Andrew likes mom's variations, and picked a castle one this year. Ack! It went ok, though, and thankfully tasted better than it looked. He loved it, though. That's what matters. Kids are so forgiving!
Post a Comment