Oh the adventures I don't get on camera such as
1. Waking up and realizing it was very quite, 7am one morning(highly unusual-C&K wake up before 6:00-6:30 everyday) I checked on everyone and they were all gone from their beds. Highly unusual that I didn't hear them go down the stairs as we have the noisy stairs on the planet I'm sure. I go downstairs and to my horror and surprise K&C are in the kitchen "making a cake" Surprise Mom, they say! I was speechless not from the sweetness that was flowing from their pores and their giant smiles with that look of pure pride of a job well done, but from the mess in my kitchen and the fact that they thought it was okay to do this without an adult. I didn't know what to say.
Now the nature of my website I find it a little ironic that perhaps I haven't stressed enough how important it is to have an adult help you cook.
Now the nature of my website I find it a little ironic that perhaps I haven't stressed enough how important it is to have an adult help you cook.
Keeley said can we eat it now. (The cake consisted of flour, sprinkles, lemon extract, half the can of baking powder, I'm not sure what else I couldn't tell. ) I told her it needs more things like eggs and you have to bake cakes. Her answer, Cody couldn't reach the eggs (!!) and I did cook it. I put in the oven really carefully. (She didn't turn the oven on, thank heavens. !!) I told her to go ahead and give it a taste. She didn't think it turned out too well.
Wow! Later that day we had a real cooking lesson on following a recipe and a reminder that we have to have an adult help cook in the kitchen. If you want it to be a surprise for Mom have Dad help and vice versa.
Darn those sweet innocent books -if you read this make sure you emphasis the importance of kids really shouldn't surprise mom by making a cake themselves!
Darn those sweet innocent books -if you read this make sure you emphasis the importance of kids really shouldn't surprise mom by making a cake themselves!

No comments:
Post a Comment