Friday, February 29, 2008

Hyrum's baptism

In our church we get baptized at 8 years old. At that age we believe they are old enough to make their own choices and be held accountable for the choices they make.
Hyrum's baptism was Sunday Feb. 24. He was very excited. It was at an actual church building (we don't meet in this building). This is the building next to where the temple is being built. You can't see much of the temple it is just under construction with no construction!




















These are some important people in Hyrum's life.



Yanna, Hyrum's Primary president. She also works at Hyrum's school. A great Ukraine gal.



All the attendees at the baptism.



Bear (Barrett) Hyrum's Primary teacher. He is an International Language Teacher here for this semester.

Branch President Ryan Koch. His wife Laura and I do the preschool Joy School together.

Yanna and President Koch gave talks. Bear and I said the prayers. I'm glad Hyrum didn't ask me to do a talk because I could barely choke out the closing prayer.

No comments: