Well, It has been awhile since my last post! We have been doing well. Back into school, scouts, life, work, etc. I/we have come to realize that coming to Australia has been a nice break from the normal life of working. Brent gets off earlier than ever before, it is a very relaxed laid back type of life. And I've joked that it is like being on vacation all the time.
So I guess our next posting shouldn't be too surprising because this post has felt like a chance to take a break and have more family time. Perhaps God gave it to us as a preparatory to what was coming up next.
After fasting and praying and leaving it all in other hands, this is not what we were expecting but it is what it is. The kids and I will be going to Virginia and Brent will be going to Baghdad. He goes for three months at a time and off three weeks for one year. So it is like 4 TDY's.
So lots of emotions going on (at least with me). I guess it is unusual for Brent not to have gone to a war zone yet in his career. Brent says at least they can't hold it against him now for promotions, etc.
So moving back to Virginia June/July and settling the kids into their new life, new school, church, etc. because after the year we will stay in Virginia.
So I guess our next posting shouldn't be too surprising because this post has felt like a chance to take a break and have more family time. Perhaps God gave it to us as a preparatory to what was coming up next.
After fasting and praying and leaving it all in other hands, this is not what we were expecting but it is what it is. The kids and I will be going to Virginia and Brent will be going to Baghdad. He goes for three months at a time and off three weeks for one year. So it is like 4 TDY's.
So lots of emotions going on (at least with me). I guess it is unusual for Brent not to have gone to a war zone yet in his career. Brent says at least they can't hold it against him now for promotions, etc.
So moving back to Virginia June/July and settling the kids into their new life, new school, church, etc. because after the year we will stay in Virginia.
1 comment:
Wow ! That will be a change. You can always come here.
Post a Comment