Caution: If you didn't like Brent's foot surgery pictures in the past your gonna want to skip this post!
So it has been 2 1/2 years of torture, I mean dental work. Going to the worst part of Rabat every 2 weeks or more/less and praying for an open parking spot, Getting wires tightened endlessly and becoming aware of every tooth in my mouth for 2 1/2 years. Add in 4, yes 4, dental surgeries and today it is finished. I don't mean finished like complete as my orthodontist would attest to. She had a hard time letting go but time is up and regardless my teeth are once again my own!
| Before shot with two missing teeth. Hard to believe two teeth need to go there. |
Back in the beginning I had two teeth that have just never come up, it has been this way since they had to pull the baby teeth out, see the gap or hole between my teeth. The two teeth were down in the gums but obviously weren't coming up. This procedure involved getting braces, having surgery and attaching a brace to the teeth in the gums. They did this with the first tooth and it worked quite well but the canine tooth was further down and a lot more difficult. This one involved three surgeries, one to dig down and place the brace on it once the first tooth came up, second months later to take out bone and tissue that wasn't allowing it to come up further and third to just dig around the tooth once it came close to the top.
![]() |
| first surgery on canine the tooth on the left had to go through the same thing |
| second or third surgery- you lose count after awhile! |
![]() |
| After shot with two new teeth. She put in a permanent retainer which you can see the wire behind the teeth on this one. |
Yesterday I uttered the words that I have had enough dentist work to last a lifetime! And then latter that night as I flossed my back teeth part of my filling popped out with the dental floss. Oh well, teeth will always be the bane of my existence I suppose and after all this stuff what's a little filling replacement anyway!



3 comments:
That makes me so sad and hurt for you.
AAAAHHHHH!
Ouchy! Poor Debbie, I hope your teeth cooperate with you from now on!
Post a Comment