Thursday, September 29, 2011

One of those days

So it has been one of those days again. A day that I need to type it all out and get it off my mind. What started off as a day to stay home and work on things turned out a little different. A few days ago Brent's back, that already hurts constantly, took a turn for the worst as he sneezed while walking down the stairs and he has hardly been able to move since. Well this means a trip to the neurologist which means a phone call asking me to bring his x-rays to the embassy so he can take them to the appointment.

Then on the way home I figure I'll stop at a store for tomatoes and lettuce to go on our hamburgers for dinner. I minds well go to the only store that sells anything remotely like cheddar cheese too while I'm at it because we haven't had any for a very long time. (All week I've decided to avoid the store I usually shop at after last week's trip. Last week it was so busy that I was the 12th person waiting in line, no kidding. I was there for 1- 1/2 hours and one hour of that was waiting in line. I could have cried!)

The store today was a smaller store attached to a mall so I park (which really isn't as easy as you would think, parking) The guy behind the deli counter laughs a little when I ask for cheddar cheese although their is a sign clearly advertising for it. He probably is laughing thinking we haven't had that for months. Strike one and I'm off to the produce section which results in wilty lettuce and mushy tomatoes. I sigh and think that someday perhaps I will buy produce without little gnats buzzing around them  and eggs without chicken poop still on them. Or is that normal! Well, that was 15 minutes of my life that I'd really liked to have spent somewhere else as I'm leaving the store without having bought anything.

Now, I fight in traffic yelling at other cars, Do you not see me here?!  and other rude comments that I'll leave to your imagination. I decided to take a short cut through a side street that low and behold turns out to be under construction so I can't get through it, which results in me backing up 2 blocks to get out. Believe me there is no way to turn your car around on some of these streets especially when cars are parked on both sides of the street.

I do make it home in one piece, praise God I made it alive and without any accidents and vow to stay home for a few more days without leaving the house.(unfortunately it doesn't work out that way but it is a nice thought) Instead I give another sigh and a tear that I really could use a break from Morocco.

I can't wait for the moment at dinner time when the kid who loves lettuce and tomatoes on their hamburger comments how they sure wish we had lettuce and tomatoes with these. Yes, that is the moment where all heck breaks lose and mom bursts out in tears at the dinner table. Yes, I can see it happen now.

I wish these days weren't as common as they really are.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm sorry your day was bad! I tend to have a lot of those days lately, too so I totally get where you're coming from. Like yesterday when I blew up at a lady in our ward (through Facebook ) that I hardly know, about a cub scout meeting that was cancelled. And then had to spend last night talking to half the scout committee because she was "concerned" and called them! It was ridiculous and I was even more frustrated and irritated than I was to begin with. All that because of the stress of this move and having nothing quite go as planned for the last four months! See it's not just you and now I've vented a little and shown where you get your craziness from. I love you. I hope this get better!!! :o/