Sunday, February 20, 2011

London Conference

I just returned from a quick three day trip to London for a Site Build It web building conference. I told Brent I only took one picture while I was there. He wasn't very impressed this was the picture I took. Hello, MILK! Anyone who has lived overseas and only has boxed UHT milk will get this picture- I hope.







Anyway on to the conference...
I have several websites I write and publish. What started as a hobby and a way to have a creative outlet while my kids were young has continued to grow for 5 years now. It has become my own web business and I (we) are creating a LLC as we speak because it is getting big enough now. Last June I went to Edinburgh for a Site Build It (who is the web building company I use) conference. It was a group of 30 people and I enjoyed the meetings and the networking with other webmasters. This past week there was an advanced web building conference in London with 50+ people and I so enjoyed seeing past friends from Edinburgh conference and meeting so many more.

There is a great feeling of being in a room full of people that do what I do and think like I do when it comes to internet business. Normal people like me (wait a minute-am I normal?!?) that we get together and share ideas, network opportunities and learn.

Thankfully I have a wonderful husband that has supported me from the beginning and knows how much I enjoy what I do. From the beginning 5 years ago his main question was why do you want to do that now? Which my answer was I have ideas I want to write down and share while they are in my mind.

While my kids were young I worked online when it was naptime and after they went to bed at night. Thankfully he watched me obsess and work hard and supported me as I wrote, studied, took pictures, carried out my ideas, etc. He has stood by as my hobby has become a full/part time job whatever time I choose to put in. Now that my kids are in school it gives me more time to work on my projects.

The ideas keep flowing and I still love what I do. He supports me as I've gone on these two conferences takes over the household and getting a break that I rarely take. Thanks!

picture taken by Mike Cox which I blatantly copy and pasted


If you want to learn how I do it, read how to build a website business and/or ask me!








2 comments:

Cindy said...

As always, you impress me!

Julie said...

I thought the conference was wonderful. Here's to BIG numbers!