Between Cody and I it has been a summer of dentists, orthodontists, periodontists, pediatric dentists, oral surgeons-I think I named them all.
I had braces put on around Christmas time to get two teeth up that have just never come up on their own. So this summer after 6 months of braces they were ready to do the surgery. They drill through the bone and place a brace on the teeth and then have wires coming up off the gums to attach to the braces. They couldn't get down deep enough to do both teeth so just did one and we'll see if the other will come up after the other one goes into place. So after the surgery every two-three weeks I go in to tighten the wires. So far it is at least poking up so I can see it.--albeit it has much more to go. The oral surgeron said I have a very high bone density so his guess is about 6 months it will be in place.
Now for Cody back in June at Keeley's birthday party (June 3) we were eating popcorn and he cried that his tooth hurt and you could tell it really did hurt. We are thinking he got a popcorn kernel stuck in his gum. Took him to the dentist she put him on antibiotics and he seemed to be fine, no pain so I thought it was better.
Beginning of July I took the kids to the dentist to get checkups and what do you know he has an abscess on his tooth. (dumb me I didn't even realize and Cody never mentioned anything)
This could be a really long story so we'll sum it up to 4 dentists, 9 trips to different dentists and draining his gum twice it keeps coming back. And we are still trying to work this out. He isn't in pain so I consider that a big blessing since this has turned into a very long process. The peridontist "thinks" it is an infection in the nerves in the gum not the tooth itself as it is not decayed or anything wrong with it. He says the tooth should be pulled but he can't do it?! so refers us to another -verdict today Aug 26, put him on antibotics, scrap out the gum and if it comes back she'll pull the tooth. Do you notice we are back to square one!
Our next step a medivac/dentivac to London-not positive that is the verdict but it looks like it. Say a prayer for Cody and my sanity please!
No comments:
Post a Comment