
My weekend project was to plant these flowers and some house plants. I had to make sure I did it on a day our gardener wasn't here or he would have taken over the project. Speaking from personal experience.

Here is the side of the yard. When we came these were full and bushy and had red flowers. (you've probably seen the red flowers on a different post) They were so full the kids could crawl in them and you wouldn't see them. Well, it looks much different now doesn't it. I was so mad to see him do it. Sure he knows what he is doing (we can only hope) but he didn't have to be drastic and make it so ugly for months! In my humble opinion.

We have one palm tree in our yard. We need to actually pay someone to climb up it and cut all the dead leaves off. It actually doesn't look as big as it really is in the picture. I guess you have to visualize the white thing in the back in our gate so it is little taller than Brent. Anyway, we saw someone doing this to a tree twice as big this weekend. They were on a ladder and climbed up there cutting branches down. You'd never see me doing that!

I took these pictures of our yard with the intent of doing a before and after shot. I'm hoping the yard will soon start to blossom and grow. We have a gardener and thus far he likes to chop and chop and I just want to see some growing now and no more chopping! So here are the before and hopefully in a few months I'll post back, crossing my fingers I'll remember to do the after shots.
The front of the house and yard.

This is under the lemon tree. I'm hoping some grass will fill in soon. Hence why the before and after shots.

This is the back of the house and yard.
We have a soon to be garden spot. I'm hoping the gardener will actually save us a spot to do our own planting like I told him to.
3 comments:
Your house looks really neat. Do you like it? Maybe this is just the time of year that they prune everything so that it will come back all bushy and beautiful!
P.S. very cool house...the yard makes me happy just looking at it. how fun for your kids!
In Egypt they had guys on camels that made the rounds to cut off the bottom fronds of the palm trees...I got a kick out of it because then they loaded the fronds on the camel's backs so that the camels couldn't hold their head up, but walked with their necks stretched out straight in front. You don't have palm-tree-trimming-camel guys in Morocco? :)
Post a Comment