Saturday, August 29, 2009

Morocco

We arrived in Morocco safe and sound. We had a good flight and after a few days of readjusting (which is never fun) we are really liking it here. The kids have started school and the school is beautiful with an outdoor campus. They leave their classrooms and they walk right outside-the kids thought that was really cool!

We are in a temporary house while our permanent house is getting fixed up. We are anxious to finally be able to unpack suitcases and really settle into a new life. It should be another 1 1/2 weeks until we move in and another 6 weeks until our car and household stuff comes. I try not to dwell on that fact. We've meant some really nice people, have a small church group and the kids have made good friends already.

It is really a beautiful country with palm trees lots of green shrubs and flowers.

We are still learning and adjusting to some things here are a few things off hand I can mention:

1. When you are suffering from jetlag and you are up and walking around the house at 2 am seeing a gecko run across your wall doesn't help you sleep either.

2. Just don't get out of bed at night! Last night I came down and found a slug in the middle of the living room. I'm still trying to figure out where he came from. I put a cup over the top of him and left Brent a nice note to take care of the slug!

3. I'm teaching the kids to shake their shoes out before putting them on after seeing a baby gecko run into Hyrum's shoe.

Okay I have learned more things but the small critters seem to be most prevalent on my mind today.

3 comments:

gramjo said...

if they are small little critters they might be ok;anxious to hear about the other things

Cindy said...

I'm glad that you guys are getting settled.

We had lots of geckos in Florida. They would cover our screens and carport at night. It is a little creepy!

I can't wait to see pictures and hear more! (hint hint)

* said...

Morocco and geckos...not your usual blog topics. This is one fresh post! It sounds beautiful there. Here's hoping you've all recovered from the jet lag!