Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Family Bowling

We are in the hotel this week while Brent is taking a class. This is the same hotel we stayed in our last trip to Virginia so we know it well. Perhaps too well. This is the same hotel that is the boonies where there is no stores, restaurants, playgrounds, etc within walking distance. Brent has the rental car during the day.

To prevent insanity for the week while he is gone I worked on a schedule which has worked quite well. The kids are working on a summer reading program I put together so they can earn a gift certificate. So after breakfast we come back to the hotel and have reading time. Then back to the breakfast area where there is actually room for spreading out and they work on some math/writing worksheets. I told them this week will be our focus on summer learning.

After we've accomplished that then we can go swimming. Pack our lunch from the small refrigerate in the hotel and picnic outside on the lawn. Back for computer time and then cartoons. About that time Brent comes home or we get stir crazy and go outside and play while we wait for him.

All this careful planning has worked out well but I'm still getting rather sick of this hotel room.

When Brent comes back we go out and play. One of our outings was bowling. The kids really liked it some doing better than others. I even won which is truly amazing. (just dumb luck)




Other outings or highlights this week was playing at some fun parks/playgrounds one with a stream, shopping at a used book store, seeing an ice cream truck and more I can't remember now.

2 comments:

gramjo said...

you are so cleaver;see you saturday

Code Yellow Mom said...

I envy your organization and sanity savers!

And look at you go, bowling! Awesome! (Cody's kind of bowling is about what I can do:))