School has been going for about a month. H and K are really enjoying it and doing well. C is really enjoying being home and helping me out. He is excited when they come home and K and C happily play until bedtime. Cody doesn't seem to mind they are gone through the day but he really enjoys having Keeley home to play the rest of the day.
Tues and Thursday we have a small preschool group and Cody is really enjoying that and he just seems to be growing up so much.
I feel like I've almost reached a new season in my life. You know the scripture there is a season for everything...
Well my kids are really growing up and becoming independent little beings. I still have to nag and persuade, etc to do things they don't want but I have more freedom then I have had for years. Freedom to sing a song through church, listen to speakers without too much distraction. Freedom to exercise even if C isn't asleep. Freedom to go to the store during a weekday b/c one kid is a lot easier to hop in the car and go then 2 or 3 kids. Freedom to take a nap or lay down during the day if I have a headache. (happened last week and I laid down and Cody played quietly in the same room)
Its like I've been waiting for 8 years for this moment and it is almost bittersweet.
1 comment:
It is nice to know the baby/toddler season won't last forever, although sometimes it seems like it!
Post a Comment