Well anyone who knows me well knows how much I miss the convenience of shopping at Walmart or Safeway! Go in with a list come out with your list done. Overseas shopping is not so "convenient." To finish your shopping list you might have to go to three different stores in all different areas and still not find what you are looking for.
We have learned to love shopping on the Internet because it cuts the hassle of finding simple mundane things that you could easily find and buy in the states. Finding them here is like finding a needle in a haystack some people love it because you can get good bargains. But I'm a
big believer in time is money and it is easier for me to pay a little more than spend hours on a wild goose hunt. Not too mention the quality of items are not the same but...
One thing I've started, after almost 5 years, to enjoy and perhaps love is shopping at the local markets for fruits and vegetables. It is a feast for the eyes to see all the vegetables and fruits lined out and waiting to buy and so cheaply compared to America. Raspberries 1 kg(2.2LBS) for almost $2 . Then you think of those who sell the vegetables- they haul all their "wares" every morning stay there all day and bring it all down at night. I don't think you could pay me to do that job! Of course there is the language thing here in Bulgaria they speak more English so that is nice. But amazingly you can get by pretty good with the "point and grunt" method.
This weekend we canned 7 jars of salsa and 4 jars of tomato juice for less than $15. So I guess once again you've got the good and the bad in every situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment